Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Monday, Monday

Tonight we got to play dress-up with Inma. She makes these beautiful...things (I can never remember what they're called but the women here wear them all the time especially during La Feria). Her daughter lives in Barcelona and helps her sell them online. Our job was to model them!







They're a lot more expensive than you think. She was working on the white one when we arrived in Sevilla and told us that it will sell for around 600 Euros (around $800). There were a few more and pictures don't do them very much justice.
In other news, it's still raining. Wednesday looks promising and supposedly all of next week too so we'll see. I had my first intercambio meeting today. An intercambio is when you meet with a Spaniard and talk to them in Spanish to improve your Spanish and then in English to help with their English. We talked about the differences between Spain and America; I taught him how to tip in American restaurants and he taught me about different tapas that I should try the next time Courtney and I go out. It's a great opportunity to practice and I'm really trying to learn more.

I'm going to update older posts with pictures so feel free to scroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment