Monday, February 8, 2010

Back to School

Well today was a nice reality check..well, sort of. I had my first class at 9 today. The professor strolled in at 10 past 9. Being on time in Spain means being 10 minutes late. The class is the Contemporary History of Spain and I'm pretty sure I'm going to try to drop it. I'm without a doubt dropping my Services Management class. There is no way I will ever make it there on time. I didn't even bother going today, there was no point.
I guess I'll never know what I missed on that first day of Services Management class...

Mom where were you to take me out to lunch on my first day of school!? :( I missed that today and I hope you didn't think I forgot. We'll have to go out when I come home. I miss you and Daddy and give Farley lots of kisses for me.

It was raining this morning but I biked to school anyways. I haven't been sleeping well the past week or so and I'm starting to get sick because of it. I don't have class until 1:00 tomorrow so hopefully I can actually get some sleep tonight.

Courtney and I have our Spanish for Business class together. There's a couple girls from my intensive course, too. The teacher seems really nice and the class doesn't seem like too much work. It was gorgeous out today after class so we went to the Discover Sevilla office and got our wristbands for La Carnaval this Saturday. We went to the river afterward and just laid on the ground and enjoyed the sun. We saw two boys fishing and one of them actually caught a huge fish. It was extremely amusing to watch the whole process and I wish I had my camera. I decided today that I'm going to take my camera with me everywhere I go because I find myself saying "I wish I had my camera" a lot more than I would like.

Oh! I signed up for a workshop for study abroad students today. The program certifies you to teach English to little ninos and other students part-time. It's on Monday, February 22 for 2.5 hours. I guess after that you get a little diploma and you can start advertising your English classes and charge 10 Euro an hour ($14). The only thing I'm not sure about is where exactly you can teach. I live in a homestay so obviously I can't teach here. I emailed the people in the program so I'll have to wait and see what they say. Courtney and I are also going to sign up for a Sevillana dance class. I haven't taken a dance class since I was 5 so this promises to be interesting.

Well it's off to bed for now. I'll be fighting with the CIEE people on Wednesday to change my schedule. Wish me luck! Buenas noches :)

PS: cinco <3 tag

2 comments:

  1. your mom should move to Spain,that way she might just be on time once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I taught English to a few spanish kids at their house when i was in sevilla and it was like the best thing i did while i was there - i'm still close with their family and the kids were just adorable!

    <3 Heather

    ReplyDelete