Sunday, February 14, 2010

La Carnaval de Cádiz: Una Noche Espectácula

La Carnaval was absolutely amazing. There are no words to describe it. I'll let pictures and videos do the talking. Everyone was fascinated by my hair!
I was a rock-n-roll troll, but I don't think people got it right away. Courtney and I went with Discover Sevilla, a student travel agency. They bussed hundreds of people to Cádiz, it was madness. Pure madness. They had a costume contest on each bus and I won third place (a t-shirt). Kurt won second place as a nerd and some other girl one first place as a Greek girl. There was so much music and dancing and everyone in costume looked phenomenal.
It honestly puts Halloween to shame. Courtney, Renee, and I walked around all night until it was time to go home at 2:35am. The buses were late because of the police controlling traffic and for some reason that lead to everyone pushing each other to get on a bus. While we were waiting we met some poor girl who dislocated her shoulder, it was pretty gruesome. We got on the bus and they gave us all sandwiches. The vegetarian sandwiches were Nutella. Guess who was a vegetarian for the bus ride home? Me.
All in all a FABULOUS night and I cannot wait to go to Italy with these two girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment