Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Planning Vacations on Vacation

Today was another productive day. I've been awake since 8:00 this morning (2am back home) and have been making moves ever since. I had my Frida Kahlo presentation in class today. It went well but watching people present for the last hour and a half of class can do terrible things to a person. Courtney and I rode our bikes to class for the first time today!


We also got our class schedule:

Mondays & Wednesdays: 9-11am (3-5am home), 11am-12:35pm (5-6:35am home), & 3-5pm (9-11am home)
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 1-3pm (7-9am home)

I'm going to try and change my schedule because as of right now I have to somehow magically get over to the CIEE building right after my class ends at the university on Mondays and Wednesdays.

I went to el Museo de Bellas Artes (Museum of Fine Arts) after class today. All of the paintings and the sculptures were unbelievable. They were mostly religious and some were very lighthearted and others just completely captured my attention with how dark they were. There was even a sculpture of John the Baptist's decapitated head...probably the last thing I expected but it was pretty cool nonetheless.

Courtney and I just booked a trip to Lagos, Portugal! If you've never heard of it, do a Google image search and you'll see why I'm so excited. We're travelling by bus and we leave Sevilla at 7:30am on Thursday, April 22 and get to Portugal at noon. I'm so excited for this trip; we're not leaving until April 25th! Let's have a recap of April:

April 1-4, last part of Semana Santa (no school that entire week)
April 16-18, Morocco & my birthday
April 19, La Feria de Abril begins, no school all week
April 22-25, Our trip to Lagos



...Not bad, eh? Yes, we are in class for the last week of April. I'm pretty sure that's going to be our last trip before I come home on May 14th. Only 19 days after I get back from Lagos I'll be on a plane home. I can't wait. I miss my family and friends and David and Farley and my bed and meatballs. In the meantime though, we're trying to plan a trip to Dublin or Greece. We have a long weekend in February and we have to do something good!

Inma made us chicken wings, artichokes in some kind of sauce, and red peppers in a different sauce for dinner tonight. Everything was fabulous, once again. I think I ate the artichokes wrong, though. For some reason I never know if I'm doing it right? Oh well. I'll figure it out next time.

Tomorrow is out last day of our intensive Spanish class and we're getting churros con chocolate afterwards to celebrate! Hasta luego :)

2 comments:

  1. ....can't believe you are actually getting credit for this from Bryant! Pace yourself in April - don't want that tough academic schedule to take too much of a toll ;-)

    Travel sounds fabulous. I'm coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey make no mistake lady I'm working my butt off. I have 2 papers due today! See you there xoxo

    ReplyDelete