Thursday, February 4, 2010

I'm a Heavy Child Grandmother

Today was the last day of class! It was also the second really poopy rainy day I've seen since I've been here. It rained all night and it stopped around noon and then it was nothing but sunshine for the rest of the day. This weekend is supposed to be beautiful, too. My apologies to all of those bearing the New England weather.

I decided to color today, and Inma thought it was hilarious. Courtney made fun of me too but then requested a drawing. She's a strange girl. But yes, Imna asked me if i was a nina and the answer was obviously si. I really need to figure out how to put accents and ~s in this thing.

We had a very strange lunch today. The first plate was a mixture of vegetables, mostly chick peas and pea pods and other things. That was good, we've had it before. The second pate was a bunch of strange meat. We didn't like it too much but of course we sucked it up and ate it anyways. Before class I was in my room and I yelled over to Courtney in her room, "Courtney, llevame en su espalda" (carry me on your back) and Inma almost immediately goes.."Pero tu pesas mucho!" (but you weigh a lot). We laughed for literally the next ten minutes. People outside probably thought I was crazy because I was still laughing.

We got to school and I told Courtney I wanted to go into the antique shop that's across the street. Between that and all the museum talk in the past two days, I guess she had legitimate reasons to call me a grandma. Oh the life I lead.

Inma's kicking us out tonight. She said that all we do is go to class and come back to the house and we should go out tonight. So we're going out with some of the girls to some bar called Long Island. Let's get a little more American, shall we? I've never been there before so it should be interesting. Apparently girls get free sangria on Thursday nights there so at least the night will be yummy. We also decided to save churros for the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment