Sunday, February 7, 2010

Weekend Recap

So it's Sunday. We had our final yesterday for our intensive Spanish course. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'll go as far as to say that it was a lot easier than my first exam. Courtney and I rode our bikes to school and there was only one open spot at the station by the CIEE building. Courtney took one for the team and walked her bike back to Plaza Nueva and made it to her exam right at 3:00. The weather was gorgeous when we got out so we decided to ride our bikes and walk around the city for the rest of the afternoon. We have this little cafe that we've been to once before. It's literally floating on the river. We were there for probably about an hour and the CUTEST little Spanish girl was sitting next to us with her parents. Her name was Pilar and she was 4 years old. I wish we lived with a little girl because she could probably teach us more Spanish than any class ever could.
The kids here are so cute! One of the first things I noticed in Sevilla was how well-behaved the children and animals were. You rarely see dogs on leashes and you never see kids on leashes. I feel like at home parents are so overprotective of their kids but here they're like, "Ok little Pedro if you want to go down the steep downhill bikepath sitting on your skateboard then have fun. If you get hurt, you'll know not to do it again." That's the best way I can explain it. It's just much more relaxed here and everyone seems a lot happier.
Anyways, we literally had the worst luck with the bikes yesterday. I kept getting broken ones and there was always only one spot in every station we tried to go to. It all worked out though and hopefully it was a once in a while occurance.
Last night we went down by the river. Apparently that's the thing to do before you go out and it's perfectly legal. A bunch of 20-something (even younger) year-old kids just drinking outside by the river. Blew my mind. I only drank water last night and I have to admit I felt very out of place but I still had fun. There are about 20 people from Penn State in our program and we went out with 6-7 Penn State girls.
It's pretty nice out today so Courtney and I are gonna bike and try to find the building our business classes are in. I'm trying to change my schedule and I need to find the syllabi for the other courses I can take. It's such a pain. Inma' s been out and about all weekend so she's been making us lunch then leaving it out for us. She made pasta today and I'm getting hungry so time to eat. Buen provecho!

PS-A special hello to Mr. & Mrs. Potvin. It was wonderful videochatting with you yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment