Friday, February 19, 2010

Just Living the Life

So Monday was the 4 week mark. Technically though yesterday was the 1 month anniversary of our arrival in Sevilla. I can't believe how fast everything is already going by. This week is the last week in February! Where has the time gone? I guess I will never know. The rain here has been brutal. Luckily, this is what I woke up to today:


..Not bad, eh? I didn't sleep at ALL last night and when I did finally fall asleep, I had the strangest of dreams. Regardless my lazy butt got out of bed at 1:00 this afternoon and showered. We had paella for lunch! God bless you Inma, I knew you would make today a good day.


We then had natillas for dessert! It's basically homemade pudding with cookies in it. Yum.

 
 

After lunch Courtney and I decided to gallivant around Sevilla because we obviously couldn't let this beautiful weather go to waste (it's going to rain for the next 10 days again). She convinced me that the Palacio was open so we could go get some homework done on the patio outside but of course we rode our bikes there and it was closed. We decided to walk back down through El Centro to the river.


That's Hotel Alfonso XII, where all the famous people stay when they come to Sevilla. 


There's the pretty fountain with the hotel in the background. God I'm such a tourist. There are a bunch of benches around that fountain. I usually try to find one between classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays to chill out and eat lunch if the weather's nice. We went down by the river and sat on a dock for about 10 minutes before the nice man on one of the boats told us we could not be there. We laid down in the sun in our usual spot and listened to some music and I passed out for a good 20 minutes. I was a cat in another life, I swear. It started to get pretty chilly so we left and Courtney did some shopping. We leave for Granada tomorrow for the rest of the weekend, so I will update the blog when I can! Besitos :)


No comments:

Post a Comment